Top 5 ways your company can benefit from social mediaSocial media is a buzzword around the Houston Business Journal workplaces these days as our Social Madness competitors heats up and as we continue to boost the newsroom's online existence.
Social Madness encourages regional businesses to step up their social media game and get people engaged with their companies, starting with a Houston-only competition that will send out three finalists from our location into a nationwide event.
I'm often asked why social networks matters, and how something seemingly so ambiguous to some people can be so crucial.
Social media helps boost all the standard pillars of excellent business, such as engaging with the public, converting on-the-fence onlookers into revenue-generating customers, and attending to customer care problems.
Here are five of the biggest advantages to social media:
1. Customer engagement. A basic search on a social media website is the best start. If you're aiming to introduce your company, a search can assist you find a neighborhood of individuals interested in your field. If individuals are already speaking about your brand, you can take part the conversation. If the discussion is positive, introduce a call to action to motivate individuals to buy. If you hear an unfavorable comment, fend off those potential hazards by setting the record straight. The very best part? Social media is conversational in nature, so people wish to talk. Reach out, and you'll be pleased with the outcomes.
2. Revenue development. Social network broadens your exposure, increases traffic to your website, creates interest in what you offer, and gives you the chance to use promotions or specials to seal the offer. The social media website Pinterest is an excellent example of how social networks can assist you satisfy revenue objectives. According to data from Emily how social media can benefit your business Carr University of Art and Design pointed out in the Harvard Business Review, practically 1 in 5 Pinterest users "pin" something they later on purchase online. Data from shopify.com discovered that buyers referred to an online site from Pinterest are 10 percent most likely to buy.
But not simply retailers can take advantage of social networks. Take a look at American Express's content marketing project, Open Forum. AmEx developed an online community of short articles and resources for company owner, sponsored by the brand however not straight selling anything. The objective is to provide a service and then establish commitment that will transfer to other business deals.
3. Structure loyalty. Customers are most likely to stay with your brand name if they trust you. Social network can improve this. If you can reveal that your business lives by its worths, people with the same worths will react-- and those images of your office Halloween party play a role, providing a glance of your character to make your company stick out.
Social media improves the relationship with customers by developing open lines of interaction. If a customer tweets a concern or complaint about a brand name and is immediately responded to, that actually enhances the bond with the brand name. Exist in the discussion and consumers will appreciate it.
4. Thought management. You can connect with your fans and followers, and satisfy new ones, by ditching the salesmanship website and participating in an intellectual conversation about your location of expertise. Franklin Templeton Investments is a fine example of a company using Facebook advantageously. The company's Facebook page posts important bits like real-time market updates, quotes from Benjamin Franklin and connect to longer post written by investors. Not every post directly involves the trading of bonds or stocks, but by providing insight to investors, a firm can demonstrate that it knows what it's discussing, and individuals may think about doing business with it the next time.
5. Search engine optimization. As much as word-of-mouth works, many individuals go straight to Google to search for what they require. Having active accounts on numerous social media sites can help put your company higher in page rankings and more likely to show up in a search.
Think you're ready to get begun? Believe you get more info need assist intensifying exactly what you already have? Hope you'll look for my continuing series of posts about how best to get going on various social media sites.